Apple has released an update to Siri Shortcuts app for iOS. Version 2.1.2 of the app gets support for new and updated actions which include Post to Tumblr and Get Time Between Dates. The release also includes a bunch of bug fixes, which is good to see as it cements Apple’s dedication in improving the Shortcuts app. On the wearable side of things, watchOS 5.1.2 with ECG was nowhere to be seen today, despite iOS 12.1.1, macOS Mojave 10.14.2 and tvOS 12.1.1 updates releasing to general public.
watchOS 5.1.2 with ECG
As expected, Apple has not publicly addressed the delay for watchOS 5.1.2 release. The update is supposed to enable ECG functionality on Apple Watch Series 4. ECG (Electrocardiogram) is one of the major new features in Apple Watch Series 4 which pushes the device further into the medical territory. The feature had received approval from FDA in US and is supposed to be enabled anytime now. Despite being available only in the United States, it should be really easy to enable ECG feature in other countries by changing the region in settings.
As we understand, Apple might have delayed watchOS 5.1.2 release due to bugs or quality issues. The last update to Apple Watch was watchOS 5.1.1, which fixed bricking issues reported with watchOS 5.1. watchOS 5.1 was released with support for Group FaceTime audio calls, 70 new emojis and various bug fixed.
Siri Shortcuts 2.1.2
The update is now available in App Store, after a phase of beta testing via TestFlight. Here are the complete release notes for version 2.1.2:
- Added the Post to Tumblr action
- The Get Time Between Dates action can now count the number of months between two dates
- Fixed an issue where the screen describing which apps and services are used by a shortcut may not appear when downloading a shortcut
- Fixed an issue that caused shortcuts with the Open App or Play Sound actions to fail when Siri is used to run the shortcuts
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts with Repeat with Each actions may freeze when they’re run from the widget or Library tab
- Fixed an issue where the Phone Number action may not understand phone numbers that contain commas (pauses) or have long extension codes
- Fixed an issue where the Show Directions action may not work when it’s run from the Shortcuts Today View widget on the Lock screen
- Fixed an issue where the Add New Reminder action doesn’t work when a time or location isn’t entered
- Fixed an issue where the Send Payment action may not appear to finish when making Apple Pay Cash payments
- Fixed an issue where the Ask for Input action’s default answer field for dates wouldn’t support 24-hour time
- Fixed an issue where the Get Name of Emoji action showed the emoji name in English when the device is set to another language
- Fixed an issue where some shortcuts may show an error message when they’re run from Search
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts may fail to download web pages with long Unicode titles
- Fixed an issue where the Run Editorial Workflow action doesn’t pass a result
- iCloud sync improvements
- Localization improvements