Apple has released the final version of macOS Mojave for all compatible Macs. The update is available as a free download in Mac App Store. Mojave is one of the biggest updates to Mac in the past few years as it brings major new features like a dark mode, revamped Mac App Store, updates to Finder and Quicklook, Desktop Stacks, dynamic wallpapers, and much more.
What’s new in macOS Mojave?
For in-depth coverage, check our list of macOS Mojave features. Here is a quick rundown of what to expect from the new update:
- Dark mode
- Dynamic Desktop wallpapers
- Finder updates
- Quicklook updates
- Redesigned Mac App Store
- New apps: Stocks, Apple News, Home and Voice Memos
- Revamped screenshots capture and video recording
- Privacy updates for Safari and iOS like permission dialogues for third party apps
- Safari now shows favicons on tabs!
The list is exhaustive so we recommend that you check out our past coverage for details.
Is your Mac compatible with Mojave?
Unlike previous macOS updates, Mojave has an updated list of compatible Macs. Many old models are not supported anymore, due to lack of Metal-capable graphics cards. Here’s the list of compatible Macs:
- iMacs, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and Mac Mini models introduced in mid-2012 or later
- MacBooks introduced in 2015 or later
- 2010 and 2012 Mac Pro models and later, with recommended Metal-compatible graphics cards
- iMac Pro, 2017 and later
To check if your Mac is compatible with Mojave, click the menu on the top left of your screen and click on About This Mac. This will show the Mac model and year.
Update to macOS Mojave
To update to Mojave, open Mac App Store and go to the updates tab. The download should appear, with a file size of around 5 GB. The update might take a long time, depending on your Internet connection, Mac model and the amount of files you have on your drive.
- Screenshots and Video Screen Captures in macOS Mojave
- Dark mode in macOS Mojave – All you need to know
- How to create a macOS Mojave bootable USB drive
- New Emojis in macOS Mojave
- How to download macOS Mojave full installer