Apple has released macOS Mojave 10.14.5 beta 5. The beta is now available to registered Apple Developer Center members as well as an OTA update for users who have enrolled their Macs in the developer beta or public beta testing programs.
Apple recently released macOS Mojave 10.14.4 with the new Apple News+ app. There were also some minor updates to Safari which includes Touch ID support for Autofill and dark mode support for websites.
macOS Mojave 10.14.5 beta was released just 2 days after Apple’s March 25 services focused event. Apple had announced that they will be bringing the new TV app to macOS. So far, in this first beta, the TV app is nowhere to be found. Infact, we are having a difficult time in finding anything new at all in the first beta release.
We will update this post with subsequent developer and public beta releases and any new features and changes we find in them. Meanwhile, you might want to check out our coverage of all the new features in macOS Mojave.
Update: macOS Mojave 10.14.5 final version is out.
macOS Mojave 10.14.5 beta 5
Build number is 18F131a and released to developers on May 7. Still no TV app. 🤷🏻♂️
macOS Mojave 10.14.5 beta 4
Build number is 18F127a and it was released to developers and public beta testers on April 29.
Still no TV app in the beta.
macOS Mojave 10.14.5 beta 3
Build number is 18F118d. Released to developers on April 22. Public beta was released on April 23.
Release notes mention some resolved issues:
- Copy-protected video content plays back correctly on iMac Pro.
- The Accessibility Events switch was removed, because related aspects of the W3C AOM effort are no longer applicable.
New features listed in release notes:
- Support for the Reiwa (令和) era of the Japanese calendar, which begins on May 1, 2019, is now available.
- Kernel extensions signed after April 7th, 2019 must be notarized in order to load on macOS 10.14.5.
macOS Mojave 10.14.5 beta 2
Build number is 18F108f. Released to developers on April 8. Public beta released on April 9.
macOS Mojave 10.14.5 beta
The build number is 18F96h and it was released to developers on March 27. Public beta was released on March 28.
Apple did not list mention anything in the release notes but there is one known issue in this beta:
- Copy-protected video content might fail to play on iMac Pro.
Install macOS Mojave 10.14.5 beta
This new Mojave update is compatible with the following Macs:
- MacBooks introduced in 2015 or later
- iMac Pro, 2017 and later
- iMacs, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and Mac Mini models introduced in mid-2012 or later
- 2010 and 2012 Mac Pro models and later, with recommended Metal-compatible graphics cards
To download and install macOS Mojave 10.14.5 beta on your Mac, you must be a registered Apple Developer Center. You would be given a Beta Access Utility which you must install on your Mac. It will enroll your machine to receive the beta updates which will be downloaded from System Preferences > Software Update.
To download and install the public beta, you must register on Apple’s website with your Apple ID. Again, you will be given a Beta Access Utility which has to be installed on your Mac. This will enable your Mac to download and install public beta builds.