Apple has released macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta 6. The new update brings support for Apple News in Canada as well as support in Safari for automatic dark themes on websites. The update is available for both developers and public beta testers.
Installing macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta
To install the developer beta, you must have an Apple Developer Center membership. This allows you to download the beta installation utility, which enrolls your Mac into the beta program, enabling it to receive beta updates.
Alternatively, you can also register for the public beta software program. Public beta software builds have the same features as their developer counterparts, however they are released slightly later than developer builds.
macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta is compatible with the following Macs:
- MacBooks introduced in 2015 or later
- iMac Pro, 2017 and later
- iMacs, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and Mac Mini models introduced in mid-2012 or later
- 2010 and 2012 Mac Pro models and later, with recommended Metal-compatible graphics cards
macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta 6
Build number is 18E220a. Developer beta released on March 18.
macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta 5
Build number is 18E215a. Developer and public beta released on March 11. There’s nothing new in release notes.
macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta 4
Build number is 18E205e. Developer and public beta released on March 4.
Release list this new feature aimed at developers:
StoreKit now supports subscription offers in addition to introductory offers, so apps with auto-renewable subscriptions will soon be able to provide a discounted price for a specific duration for existing and previously subscribed customers.
This should allow developers to put up offers on their subscriptions to attract more users. This is part of Apple’s push in making more apps subscriptions based.
macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta 3
Build number is 18E194d. Developer beta was released on February 18. Public beta was released on February 19.
Release notes mention a new issue: “VoiceOver may no longer be able to access web content when moving backward or forward through the current Safari tab’s history.” A workaround has been shared by Apple: In Safari, select Preferences > Advanced > “Show Develop menu in menu bar”, then deselect Develop > Experimental Features > “Swap Processes on Cross-Site Navigation”.
macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta 2
Build number is 18E184e. Developer beta released on February 4. Public beta released on February 5th.
There’s nothing new in the release notes.
macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta 1
Build number is 18E174f. Developer beta released on January 24. Public beta released on January 28.
- Apple News is now available for Canada in English and French.
- Apple has also shared some known issues:
- Photos shared using Sharing Suggestions might not load. There’s no workaround for this so far.
- After updating to Safari 12.1 (from Safari 10.1.2), web pages might not render. The workaround is to run this command in Terminal: defaults delete com.apple.Safari This will reset Safari to default settings so make sure you back up any information that you might need from your browsing history.
- Automatic dark mode for websites in Safari. If a website has support for macOS Mojave’s dark mode, it can detect via Safari to show the correct mode.
- Safari Autofill now supports Touch ID on MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. This means that you can authorize yourself via Touch ID to autofill username and passwords. This feature already exists in iOS 12.
Apple is also testing iOS 12.2 beta, watchOS 5.2 beta and tvOS 12.2 beta.