Apple has announced iPhone XR, along with its premium siblings iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max. Although iPhone XR shares the same internals as its more expensive counterparts, it uses a 6.1-inch LCD (dubbed Liquid Retina) and ships in 6 colors. It also has a single lens camera system and lacks HDR and 3D Touch. iPhone XR will also be available in 6 colors: white, black, blue, yellow, coral and (Product) red.
iPhone XR features
Announced after the introduction of iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR was revealed as an LCD based variant, with a 6.1-inch display size and single camera. However, it has the same design language, strong glass front and back, as well as FaceID tech as Apple’s $999 and above offerings. The phone has some cutbacks features such as the back camera and no OLED display, along with a few other features that help keep its price down.
Here is a list of all the features in this smartphone:
- Powered by A12 Bionic, the most powerful processor in a smartphone. It contains the the next generation Neural Engine, which speeds up all machine learnings processes. The GPU in A12 Bionic is 50% faster than A11’s GPU, which is an amazing feat.
- 6.1″ Liquid Retina Display. Apple calls this the most advanced and color-accurate LCD in the world, with support for True Tone, HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
- TrueDepth Camera, with same specs as Xs phones
- Up to 4K/60FPS video recording with optical stabilization
- Single 12MP Camera with f/1.8 aperture and OIS
- Smart HDR which uses lens, sensors and algorithms to bring out more highlights and shadows from photos
- Bokeh and Depth Control which allows adjustments to depth of field after photo has been captured
- Video recording with support for extended dynamic range, better low light capture and stereo recording
- Wide stereo speakers
- IP67 protection (Splash to everyday liquids like tea, coffee, etc. and Water Resistant)
- Dual SIM powered by eSIM
While the phone has a single camera lens at the back, Apple promises that these are going to be some of the finest photos taken from an iPhone. Apple showed some absolutely remarkable photos during the event, making it a prime purchase if you are in the market for a good phone that will deliver you some premium grade selfies, and all the bells and whistles the iPhone Xs has to offer, without breaking the bank.
In terms of battery life, Apple said that it would last an hour and a half longer than that of the iPhone 8 Plus. iPhone 8 Plus was known for its long lasting battery, so this is great news.
iPhone XR price and availability
The phone will be available for pre-order starting October 19 and will be available for purchase on October 26. It will be available in white, black, blue, yellow, coral and (Product) red colors. The price for different storage variants will be:
iPhone XR will be available in the following countries and regions, starting October 26: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands.