Apple has released a new iOS 12.1 update for iPhone XR. This new build, marked 16B94, was released out of the blue, just for iPhone XR. The previous version, with build number 16B93, was released on October 30. It is likely that this new build has some device specific bug fixes as the company has not shared any release notes. Not all iPhone XR users are receiving the update, so if you don’t see it as an OTA, it means your device doesn’t need it.
To download the update, navigate to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone XR. You can also connect your iPhone XR to iTunes on a Windows PC or Mac to download and install the latest update.
iOS 12.1 was released on October 30 with a number of new features an updates. Group FaceTime video and audio calls for up to 32 users, Depth Control for portrait photos, eSIM/Dual-SIM support, and 70 new emojis were part of the this update.
iPhone XR has not been in the market for too long. With its starting priced of $750, is the cheapest out of all of Apple’s newest phones. It has the same design language that the company introduced with iPhone X, but it uses an LCD ‘Liquid Retina Display’ instead to keep the price lower than iPhone XS. It also lacks 3D Touch and uses a single lens camera instead of the dual-lens camera on its more expensive siblings. Despite the single lens, it still supports Portrait Mode photo capture as well as SmartHDR. Its screen-to-body ratio is also lesser as it has thicker bezels around the display.
You may also like:
- How to use eSIM in iPhone XS & iPhone XR [dual SIM]
- iPhone XR review roundup: great value for money despite LCD display
- iPhone XR’s sub-1080p display beats Pocophone F1’s 1080p display in blind test
- iPhone XR already exceeding pre-order demand of iPhone 8 & 8 Plus – Analyst
- Phil Schiller talks about iPhone XR and what it means for Apple
- Download iPhone XR wallpapers with colorful bubbles