The new iPad Pro is truly a beauty to behold. With its new all-screen display, FaceID, fast performance and gorgeous design, it costs a more than its predecessors. This not only impacts its price but also its AppleCare and repair costs. Apple updated their iPad repair page to adjust for the new 11-inch and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro. While repairs and replacement are covered in the warranty period, out of warranty repair is where your money is going to disappear.
You can see from the table below how expensive out-of-warranty repairs are:
Though it is expensive, but AppleCare+ for iPad Pro for $129 is definitely the way to go. There are countless benefits to AppleCare+ which easily make it the best way to protect your purchase. AppleCare+ gives you the following benefits:
- 2 Years worth of service and coverage.
- Covers 2 incidents of accidental damage.
- Only costs a flat $49 service fee for iPad Pro and $29 for the Apple Pencil service.
- Priority access to Apple’s experts on 24/7 chat or phone support.
In addition, AppleCare+ covers iPad Pro accessories, as well as Apple Pencil. So you get insurance for 2 big purchases. The plan helps cover the iPad, battery, bundled USB-C cable, and power adapter.
Repairing the iPad Pro outside of AppleCare+ will cost a fee of $499 for 11-inch model and $649 for 12.9-inch model. Out-of-warranty repair costs are applicable if the below conditions are met:
- The iPad screen is accidentally damaged or broken.
- The iPad is over a year old.
- Other damage to the iPad has occurred or an issue arose from unauthorized modifications.
The new iPad Pro starts from $799, so a sensible purchase would be a two-year long $129 AppleCare+ plan, over paying $499 or $649 in repairs.
You may also like:
- iPad Pro as fast as 2018 15″ MacBook Pro in Geekbench benchmarks
- Download beautiful new 2018 iPad Pro wallpapers